1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following data from or about you:
- Information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms on this Site, for example when you register for an account, send us a message, communicate via a weblog, place an order for a product, request further services or take part in competitions or surveys, or by contacting us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (as we may keep a record of that correspondence). Such information may include your name, date of birth, email address, delivery address and billing address, phone number and credit card information.
- Details of your visits to this Site, including but not limited to referral source/exit pages (including click behaviour in an email newsletter or other marketing communication), length of visits to certain pages, page views and Site interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), search terms that you use and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Technical information about your device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
2. USE OF SPYWARE AND COOKIES
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
Like many websites, we and our service providers (such as Google Analytics) use “cookies” which are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive or browser. Cookies help us to identify account holders and to optimise their Site experience. While specific names of the cookies we use may change from time to time as we update our Site and the services offered on it, they generally fall into the below categories of use:
- Cookies which are strictly necessary for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Cookies that are used to recognise and identify you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise the Site content for you and remember your preferences.
- Cookies that perform purely analytical/ performance functions, by allowing us and our service providers to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps to improve the way our Site works.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them by activating the relevant settings. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so that we can offer you a better experience of this Site. Alternatively, Google Analytics allow you to opt-out of its tracking – see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Except for cookies strictly necessary for the operation of our Site, all cookies will expire after 30 days. In particular, cookies for online advertising campaigns are automatically deleted after one month.
3. THIRD PARTIES WHO COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SITE
Below is information about cookies from third parties which we are aware of:
As explained above, we use the analytics tool Google Analytics to improve the way our Site works. You can find more information about what data Google Inc collects and how it uses that data here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Social plugins from the Facebook network (such as the “Like“ button) are integrated on this Site. This allows Facebook to automatically receive information about you when you visit our Site, including information about your use of the Site and the Facebook services on the Site (such as the “Like“ button). For more information about this, please see Facebook’s Data Policy.
We will not, however, provide these third parties with any other information.
You have the opportunity to opt in to receive via email our newsletters and other information about our products, services and promotions. You may do this when you register for an account on the Site by ticking the relevant box, or when visiting the Site by providing your email address in the newsletter sign up box.
You can withdraw your consent to receive the email newsletter and other marketing communications at any time by adjusting your privacy settings on our Site (in the MyProfile section). The link to the opt-out page can also be found in any email newsletter or other marketing communication sent to you.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not otherwise transfer your personal data to a country situated outside the EEA, unless:
- you give express consent to such transfer;
- the country is recognised as offering adequate standards of protection;
- we have put in place adequate safeguards with the recipient, including the implementation of approved standard contractual provisions; or
- we have carried out a risk assessment of the transfer and have determined that adequate protections are available.
6. DATA SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet (including emails) is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Site; any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use data which we hold about you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to ensure that content from this Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer (including smartphone or other electronic device).
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, as well as between you and Victorinox Retail AG (the supplier of products purchased on the Site).
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our services.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only disclose your personal data to those third parties listed below, or to other third parties in the circumstances listed below:
- to other members of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our parent company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 – in particular Victorinox Retail AG in relation to the supply of products to you), and their employees, for the purposed stated above.
- to external service providers who support us in the area of data processing or otherwise.
- if legally required or ordered by an authority or a court.
- in order for Victorinox Retail AG to enforce or apply the General Terms and Conditions of Supply and for us to enforce other agreements between you and us.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, provided that we have contractually ensured that this information is kept private and secure and that when supplying this personal data we comply with the applicable local laws.
- to protect the rights and interests of the Victorinox Group or other users.
We will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent.
9. PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
We do not wish to collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 are requested to receive, and therefore deemed to have received, permission from their parent or legal guardian before providing any personal data to us.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
11. YOUR RIGHTS
You are entitled to ask for access to, and rectification or removal of, all personal data which we hold about you. Any such request must be made in writing to Victorinox AG at Schmiedgasse 57, Postfach, CH-6438 Ibach-Schwyz, Switzerland or email@example.com. Please allow 72 hours for rectifying or removing information from our database.
Last Updated: 12 February 2016