Please note that “you” and “yours” refers to you as an individual and not to any legal or corporate entity. “We” or “our” refers only to the Company, a company incorporated in Switzerland, which owns and operates this Site.
1. Information we may collect from you
The collection, processing, and use of your personal data occurs within the limits necessary for the establishment, performance, and management of the purchase contracts in the online shop according to the principles of data avoidance and minimization. In particular:
- Information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms in this Site or by otherwise contacting us through our Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to this Site, including but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
In cases where we use external service providers to complete your order, these act in our name within the scope of contract data processing. Transmission of personal data to third parties only occurs if this is necessary to fulfill a contract or for billing purposes or you have consented to this in advance.
We do not sell, trade, rent, or release your personal information to third parties (name, email, address, mailing address, telephone number, etc.) without your consent.
2. Credit checks
We perform any applicable credit checks as permitted by law and taking into consideration your protected interests. For this purpose, we provide the personal data required for a credit check to the contracted company CRIF AG, Hagenholzstr. 81, 8050 Zurich, from which we receive information about your previous payment history and credit information based on mathematical and statistical methods using address data.
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
By registering for the newsletter, you agree that your email address will be used by us for sending an email newsletter with information about products, promotions, contests, and news relating to Knives, Watches, Travel Gear, Apparel, and Fragrances as well as for our own promotional purposes. After placing an order and receiving the items, we allow you to submit purchase reviews.
If you have consented to do so when registering for the newsletter, we evaluate which contents of the newsletter are of particular interest to our subscribers in order to optimize our offerings for the customer. In doing so, for example, values about the opening of specific content or the click behavior in the newsletter are recorded and evaluated as part of an individual profiling.
You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter on our website (in the MyProfile section). The link to the opt-out page can also be found in any newsletter.
5. Usage of Analytics Software
This Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies” or text files, which are stored on your computer, making it possible to analyze website traffic by the users. Information generated by cookies with the user details (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the USA where it is also stored. Google will process this data to evaluate your use of this Site, compile reports about this Site’s activity on behalf of the Company and deliver other services connected with website and Internet use. Google will also forward this data, if applicable, to third parties, insofar as this is legally required or if these third parties use the supplied data on behalf of Google. Under no circumstances will Google use your IP address in connection with other data supplied by Google.
8. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and we do not store any payment details; these are stored by the Payment Gateways, who are also obliged to treat their data according to all relevant security guidelines. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
9. Data Security and Confidentiality
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to ensure that services provided, fulfill technical and organizational security measures that are appropriate to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You may communicate with us by e-mail. E-mail messages sent over the Internet are neither confidential nor secure. They may be viewed by third parties, lost, intercepted or altered. E-mails may be transferred across national borders, even if both sender and recipient are located in the same country. We will not be liable for any damages suffered in connection with the use of e-mails or any other electronic messaging system when communicating with us.
10. Storage of e-mails
All incoming and outgoing emails are automatically stored in our email archive (or possibly at partner companies, if an online order is involved) to manage the enormous amount of data. The e-mails are protected by legal, technical and organizational measure. They may only be accessed in justified cases in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, breach of regulatory obligations, material breach of employment contract). Access is only granted to employees in defined functions (e.g. litigation, legal, compliance, risk). All e-mails are disposed of after a limited period of time. If you do not wish the retention of private e-mails by us, we strongly advise you not to send private, non-business related e-mails to our e-mail accounts.
11. Uses made of your personal data
We use data held about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To ensure that content from this Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer (including smartphone or other electronic device).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Through your use of this Site, we may also gather certain information about your use of the Site that does not identify you individually. Generally, this information is collected through “traffic data”. We collect and store such information automatically whenever you interact with this Site.
12. Disclosure of your personal data
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except for the following:
- to our subsidiaries for the purposed stated here above
- if legally required or ordered by an authority or a court
- to external service providers who support us in the area of data processing or otherwise
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, provided that we have contractually ensured that this information is kept private and secure and that when supplying this personal data we comply with the applicable local laws.
- if necessary to protect the interests of the Victorinox Group or other users.
13. Protection of Children
We do not wish to collect over this Site personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 are requested to receive permission from their parent or legal guardian before providing any personal data to us.
14. Your Rights
You are entitled to ask for a copy of your personal data which has been collected online and in which manner the data is processed. You may also ask to have your data rectified or deleted as required by applicable data protection law. Any such request must be made in writing to Victorinox AG, Schmiedgasse 57, CH-6438 Ibach-Schwyz or through email@example.com.
Last updated: October 2015