Terms and Conditions
1. User Responsibility
Please use the Victorinox Websites at your own responsibility.
2. General Disclaimer
While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Victorinox Websites, the Company makes no warranties with respect to the contents of these sites. The Company or each of its group companies, including Victorinox Japan Co., Ltd., does not assume legal liability for any content of the Victorinox Websites.
Please also check any disclaimers separately posted on the Victorinox Websites.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
Cross & Shield, Victorinox® and Swiss Army® are registered trademarks of the Company or Victorinox group companies. The Company reserves copyrights to images of the products used on the Victorinox Websites and any and all contents of the Victorinox Websites, excluding those belonging to any third party, which may not be copied, reproduced, posted, transmitted, modified or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form.
The links from the Victorinox Websites to other websites operated by a third party may be provided for your information and convenience only. The Company does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for any content of such third party websites or for any damages or loss you may suffer in connection with your access to any third party website linked from the Victorinox Websites. Please access any website linked from any of the Victorinox Websites at your own responsibility.
5. Cookies and Google Analytics Disclaimer
The Victorinox Websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are stored on your computer, making it possible to analyze how you use the Victorinox Websites. Information generated by cookies concerning the use of the Victorinox Websites (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the USA where it is also stored. Google offers services to process this data to evaluate your use of the Victorinox Websites and compile reports about the Victorinox Websites’ activities on behalf of the Company. Google or any party using user data on behalf of Google will also forward this data, if applicable, to third parties, insofar as this is legally required. Under no circumstances will Google use your IP address in connection with other data supplied by Google.
You can prevent Web cookies from installing by adjusting your browser settings. However, please be informed that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all functions available on the Victorinox Websites. By using the Victorinox Websites, you agree to Google’s analysis of your data acquired as previously described, and for the purpose previously mentioned. As a user of the Victorinox Websites, you hereby agree that the operators of the Victorinox Websites and their contractors will not be required to assume legal responsibility for the collection, processing or provision of the above-mentioned data.
Social plugins from the social media network, Facebook, are integrated on the Victorinox Websites. The associated services are provided by Facebook Inc. (“Provider”). You can identify the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the “Like” button on the Victorinox Websites. Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., located at 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. For an overview of Facebook plugins, please visit: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
The plugin tells the Provider that your IP address has visited the Victorinox Websites. If you click the Facebook “Like” button on any of the Victorinox Websites while you are logged into your Facebook account, the Provider can link your access information with your Facebook account. If you use any of the plugin functions (e.g. clicking the “Like” button or leaving a comment), this information will also be transmitted by your browser directly to the Provider.
8. Privacy and Data Protection
9. Submissions to the Victorinox Websites
Copyrights and other legal rights to all contributions, including but not limited to, all notes, suggestions, creative ideas, graphics, comments, announcements, lists, data, concepts and other information (collectively, “Information”), that you send, disclose, submit or offer to the Victorinox Websites by e-mail or other means shall become the property of the Company.
10. Use of E-mail Communications (tracking links clicked)
In order to create a better electronic communication, the Company may keep track of patterns of use in the e-mails the Company sends out. The Company notes which links are clicked in its e-mail communications as specific user profile information to know what areas are of most interest to the Company’s opt-in e-mail recipients. The Company uses this Information to better personalize the content and promotions that visitors and mail recipients will see in the Company’s mailings and on the Victorinox Websites.
11. Opinions and Ratings
The Company may permit you to post ratings, reviews or otherwise share your opinions on the Victorinox Websites. However, they do not necessarily reflect the Company’s or its group companies’ view.
12. Third Party Statements and Quotes
The Victorinox Websites may include statements and quotes of third parties. In this case, such statements and quotes are generally labeled as information provided by third parties.
13. Event/Sponsoring Information
The Victorinox Websites may include information about events and sponsoring that the Company and its group companies are supporting or partnering with. Please verify at your own responsibility details of such event and sponsoring information directly with the organizer.
14. Prohibited Acts
When accessing any part of the Victorinox Websites, you may not:
- engage in any activity that is in conflict with law;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful component or any other act that interferes with the functioning of the Victorinox Websites or restricts any other user from using the Victorinox Websites;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or exploit any information, software or other material obtained through this Site for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the Company;
- post or upload content on the Victorinox Websites, in which you don't own the respective rights. You will assume responsibility to compensate any damages that the Company incurs as the result of any such illegal uploading.
16. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
17. Safety information for Swiss Army Knives and Cutlery
All knives and implements, including Victorinox products, can cause serious injury if used incorrectly. Use them for their intended purpose and implement daily maintenance (e.g., never use a knife blade as a pry bar). Keep them out of the reach of children and exercise parental supervision at all times.
Your satisfaction with our products and services is the utmost concern of the Victorinox group. Our authorized dealers provide you with a three-year warranty for Victorinox products.
19. Store Finder and Repair Center
Please visit the Victorinox Websites for information regarding stores and repair centers duly authorized by the Company and Victorinox group companies.
20. Customer ratings and reviews
By submitting any content to Victorinox, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole owner of the intellectual property rights included in such content;
- you waive all moral rights relating to such content;
- all content that you post is true and accurate;
- you are at least 18 years old; and
You further represent and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree that you are obliged to indemnify and hold the Company, Victorinox group companies, Bazaarvoice, Inc., other service vendors, and their officers and employees, harmless from all legal liability arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
Last updated: March 2016