Please note that “you” and “yours” refers to you as an individual and not to any legal or corporate entity. “We” or “our” refers only to the Company, a company incorporated in Switzerland, which owns and operates the Victorinox Websites.
1. Additional local information
Please note that our subsidiaries in particular countries may be subject to additional or different data protection requirements.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms on the Victorinox Websites or by otherwise contacting us through the Victorinox Websites. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Victorinox Websites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, but your cooperation with our surveys is entirely on a voluntary basis and you do not have to respond to them.
- Information that we collect from you and manage includes traffic data, weblogs, other communication data and other details of your visits to the Victorinox Websites.
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and we do not store any payment details; these are stored by the Payment Gateways, who are also obliged to treat their data according to all relevant security guidelines. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Victorinox Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. Data Security and Confidentiality
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to ensure that services provided, fulfill technical and organizational security measures that are appropriate to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Victorinox Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You may communicate with us by e-mail. E-mail messages sent over the Internet are neither confidential nor secure. They may be viewed by third parties, lost, intercepted or altered. E-mails may be transferred across national borders, even if both sender and recipient are located in the same country. We will not be liable for any damages suffered in connection with the use of e-mails or any other electronic messaging system when communicating with us.
6. Storage of e-mails
All incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are automatically stored in our Electronic Message Repository for the purpose of preserving the evidential weight of e-mails. The e-mails are protected by legal, technical and organizational measure. They may only be accessed in justified cases in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, breach of regulatory obligations, material breach of employment contract). Access is only granted to employees in defined functions (e.g. litigation, legal, compliance, risk). All e-mails are disposed of after a limited period of time. If you do not wish the retention of private e-mails by us, we strongly advise you not to send private, non-business related e-mails to our e-mail accounts.
7. Uses made of your personal data
We use data held about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To ensure that content from the Victorinox Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer (including smartphone or other electronic device).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Through your use of the Victorinox Websites, we may also gather certain information about your use of the Victorinox Websites that does not identify you individually. Generally, this information is collected through “traffic data”. We collect and store such information automatically whenever you interact with the Victorinox Websites.
8. Disclosure of your personal data
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except where it is:
- disclosed to our group companies, including Victorinox Japan Co., Ltd., which jointly use your personal data for the purpose stated above;
- legally required or ordered by an authority or a court;
- disclosed to external service providers who support us in the area of data processing or otherwise;
- disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of business or assets in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; provided that we have contractually ensured that this information is kept private and secure and that when supplying this personal data we comply with the applicable local laws; and
- necessary to protect the interests of the Victorinox group or other users.
9. Protection of Children
We do not wish to collect on the Victorinox Websites any personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 are requested to receive permission from a person having parental authority over them or their legal guardian before providing any personal data to us.
10. Your Rights
You are entitled to ask for a copy of your personal data which has been collected online and in which manner the data is processed. You may also ask to have your data rectified or deleted as required by applicable data protection law. Any such request must be made in writing to Victorinox Japan, Co., Ltd., through email@example.com.
Last updated: March 2016