Last updated February 20, 2014
Our Commitment to Privacy
Information that we collect
VSAI and our affiliates and licensees which include, but may not be limited to TRG Accessories, L.L.C., Victorinox Retail and Victorinox Global Fashion, Inc. value our customers and respect your privacy. We only collect personally identifiable information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as by registering on the Website for an account, purchasing a product online, in one of our stores or otherwise choosing to share your personally identifiable information with us. The personally identifiable information which you may provide to us could include your name, email address, physical address, birth month, credit card number and other personal information.
When you access our Website, we may also automatically collect identifiable information from you, such as IP host address, web pages viewed, browser type, referring website, usage and browsing habits on the Website and similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular State) in a manner which does not identify any one individual.
Tracking Links Clicked
In order to create a better electronic community, we may keep track of patterns of use in the emails we send out. We note which links are clicked in our email communications as specific user profile information to tell us what areas are of most interest to our opt-in email recipients. We may use this information to better personalize the content and promotions that visitors and mail recipients will see in our mailings.
We will only use your personally identifiable information as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personally identifiable information is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Your personally identifiable information will be used and shared to process your purchases, such as by credit card processors and shipping companies.
- We may share your information among our affiliates and licensees in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to permit them to communicate with you about products, services, promotions and contests in which you might be interested. See the section entitled “Opt-Out Process,” below, for instructions on how you may opt out of such sharing.
- If you purchase a product from a third party on our Website, then that third party will receive your personally identifiable information and will use it according to its own policies. Therefore, you should be aware of this fact when browsing and purchasing products from parties other than Victorinox.
- We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your personally identifiable information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our Website.
- We may transfer your personally identifiable information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Victorinox or the division responsible for the services with which your personally identifiable information is associated.
Non- personally identifiable or aggregate information may be shared with any number of parties, provided that such information shall not specifically identify you.
The security of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. When we collect your personally identifiable information offline, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. Victorinox uses a safe and secure online ordering system. We use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for online purchases. This secure server software encrypts all of your personally identifiable information during a purchase, including credit card number, address, first and last name, so that it cannot be easily read in transfer. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personally identifiable information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Website demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
Protection for Children
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. When we become aware that personal information from a child under 18 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
We retain your information for as long as we reasonably believe that there is a commercial reason for doing so.
Communications with Victorinox
By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us or our business partners, provided that, we will not give your email address to another party to promote their products or services directly to you without your consent or as set forth in this policy.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
Where required or permitted by applicable laws, we will give access to you of your personally identifiable information upon your written request. There are some instances where we are not required or permitted by law to give you access to your personally identifiable information. If we are unable to provide you with that access we will explain why, subject to any legal or other restrictions on are ability to do so.
United States of America
Addressing Questions, Concerns and Complaints
For any questions, concerns or complaints relating to this privacy or our collection, use and disclosure of personally identifiable information, we can be contacted at: email@example.com RE: Privacy