Q. Where can I purchase Victorinox Swiss Army USB flash drives?
A. You can purchase a Victorinox Swiss Army USB flash drive right here on our website. We have a vast assortment of various colors and storage sizes for all your technological needs. Click here to shop now. You can also find your local store by clicking here.
Q: Why did Victorinox enter into the electronics industry with USB flash drives?
A: For more than 125 years, Victorinox has provided innovative solutions to meet the needs of every generation. In 1897, combining all of the necessary tools that a member of the Swiss Army required into a compact, easy-to-use pocketknife symbolized innovation. During the following years, new implements were added to the basic pocketknife in different combinations in new and innovative ways. Today, increasingly mobile lifestyles and the need to have one’s data at hand at all times prompted the company to continue to innovate and add its newest implement, the USB flash drive.
Q: What distinguishes Victorinox USB flash drives from others on the market?
A: In a word, Quality. Victorinox is a brand whose heritage of quality dates back to 1884 when Charles Elsener, a master cutler, introduced the original Swiss Army Knife to the world. That knife has come to stand for high quality and precise, Swiss craftsmanship. Those values are at the very heart of every product that the company produces and as a result, stands behind 100%. But in addition to this heritage of quality, the Victorinox Flash Collection offers a premium software package that provides ultra secure data encryption, automatic backup functionality, secure web surfing capabilities, file and email synchronization between the drive and multiple computers, Bluetooth pairing and much more. On the hardware side of things, biometric fingerprint technology, laser pointers, LED lights, Bluetooth remote control and of course, the original Swiss Army Knife implements – blade, scissors, nail file, screwdriver, key ring and ballpoint pen are standard **Not every feature is available on every model within the collection.
Q. The application does not automatically start when the flash drive is inserted
A. This is due to security settings on your system. In this case you will have to start the application manually. To do so: With the flash drive plugged into the computer, locate the Victorinox application in the list of drives on your computer. Double click on the Victorinox drive, then double click the file “secure.exe”. You will find "secure.exe" on the root (the first Directory) of your flash drive.
Q. How do I reset my flash drive?
A. To reset the flash drive to factory defaults please delete all folders and files with the exception of:
- "Manuals" (contains the manuals)
These files are necessary for the program to run properly
Upon connecting the flash drive, an error message pops up: "The disk in drive X: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"
Please do not format the flash drive. Your Computer cannot read the exFat file system due to missing updates. Instead, obtain the necessary updates as follows:
• For Windows Vista: Install SP1 (Service Pack 1) To do this, first, ensure that your computer is connected to the internet, then go to “Windows Update” which can be found within the “Start” menu. Your system should automatically locate SP1 and begin the install. If your system doesn’t automatically install SP1, hit “Restore Hidden Updates” located on the left-side of your screen. If neither of these solutions work, it is likely that the system administrator has blocked your ability to make these updates. In this case, contact your system administrator for direction.
• For Windows XP: Install SP3 (Service Pack 3) and the exFat Update. You can get the exFat Update for Windows XP at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955704
Q. When the error message appeared, “The disk in drive X: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?” I clicked “Yes” and am now experiencing problems
A. This error message appeared due to the operating system on the computer you are using which is likely XP or Vista with an SP (service pack) other than SP1. Because you selected to format the drive, as per factory default, the flash drive is formatted with the new file system "exFat". Exfat is specially designed for Flash memories and supports files larger than 4 GB.
- For Windows XP: To install exFat for Windows XP you must first install SP3 (Service Pack 3) and the exFat update. These can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955704/en
- For Windows Vista: Install SP1 (Service Pack 1) To do this, first, ensure that your computer is connected to the internet, then go to “Windows Update” which can be found within the “Start” menu. Your system should automatically locate SP1 and begin the install. If your system doesn’t automatically install SP1, hit “Restore Hidden Updates” located on the left-side of your screen. If neither of these solutions work, it is likely that the system administrator has blocked your ability to make these updates. In this case, contact your system administrator for direction.
Q. The LED on the flash drive always lights up either green or yellow or does not light up at all
A. This LED is also used as status indicator. The color of the LED reflects the internal flash drive status:
Protection Level 1: Your stick has been write-protected by the registered user/administrator. In this mode, you cannot delete anything and/or change the configuration of the flash drive. However, the registered user/administrator still has full read/write access.
Protection Level 2: Your stick is write-protected and the Secure segments are read-protected. You cannot delete anything and/or change the configuration of the flash drive, however, the public data is available as read-only
No LED light at all:
Protection Level 3: No access to stick by anyone other than the registered user/administrator is possible at all.
Our technical support team would be happy to reset this protection level for you. After resetting, the registered user will once again have full access to all stored data. Please note: During resetting, our technical support team will not have access to your data. After resetting: The registered user will need the correct passwords to access the data.
Q. My computer does not recognize/cannot find the Bluetooth module
A. Ensure that the Bluetooth on your computer is activated. If it hasn’t been activated, activate it now and try again.
If Bluetooth cannot be activated on your computer, although the switch or button are present, there are two potential causes for this:
1. The function button's driver has not been properly installed on the computer (to install it correctly, contact the support desk for your computer’s manufacturer)
2. Your device does not have an internal Bluetooth module, despite the presence of the Bluetooth button. In this case, your computer hardware will need to be upgraded. Contact the support desk of your computer’s manufacturer.
Q. My computer does recognize/cannot find the Bluetooth module although other Bluetooth devices operate properly
A. If you use a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or other Bluetooth device, deactivate them and try again. If that does not work, try inserting a new type 389E battery in your Presentation Master and then try again.
Q. The ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ buttons on the Presentation Master have the opposite effect
A. Open the Mouse application in Window’s Control Panel and check or uncheck the setting, “Switch primary and secondary buttons”
Presentation Master and Victorinox Secure
Q. When I swipe my finger across the reader to register my fingerprint, it doesn’t work and I do not see a picture of a scanned fingerprint on the screen
A. There is a thin, orange sensor protection foil that must be removed prior to swiping your finger. Please remove it carefully. For tips on careful removal of the foil as well as proper care of the fingerprint reader, see the Presentation Master/Secure quick-start guide
Q. After swiping my finger across the sensor, the scanned fingerprint image appears only after a significant delay on the screen, or the image appears corrupted on the screen
A. This is due to the speed of the USB connection. Please check that:
• You are using a USB 2.0 port
• You are only using the supplied extension cord (if applicable)
• The stick is connected directly to the computer and not to a USB hub or a USB port on your screen or keyboard.
If all of the above situations apply and the USB connection is still too slow, please:
• Try another USB port on your computer
• Disconnect all other USB products and try again
Q. I cannot select the function "Fingerprint Logon". This function always appears grey.
A. You are most likely using an operating system that does not support this function. See manual Page 39 for more information.
Models with a Laser Pointer
Q. Upon pressing the logo button, the Laser point appears briefly and then goes out
A. You need to replace the battery. Use battery type 389E
Q. Even with a new battery the laser does not work properly
A. Make sure that you are using a battery of the type 389E and not another type
Q. The Laser point is a large, unclear, or not sharp
A. You need to clean the lens. Use a soft, clean towel with a bit of clean water to clean the lens. Do not use chemicals and/or a microfiber towel.
For customer support inquiries, please click here
Victorinox Swiss Army believes sustainability is important to the manufacturing process. Watch how Victorinox Swiss Army achieves production of it's products while incorporating environmentally friendly practices. Click here to watch now.
Shop Victorinox Swiss Army Flash Collection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here to shop now.